Available in Standard Side Rod or Roller Bearing Side Rod Configurations!
According to the men who knew and operated them, the N&W Class A's were the finest steam engines ever built. Four groups were erected between 1936 and 1950, with some improvements in each group - our models will be patterned after two groups. A group of 25 locomotives which were built in 1943 and 1944. The group was numbered from #1210 to #1234 and #1218 is the lone survivor today. We are also offering models of a modification made to a few of the Class As. In this production, we are offering #1238, #1240, and #1242.
The Class A is currently preserved in the Virginia Transportation Museum in Roanoke, VA
- NEW Paragon3 Sound & Operation System FEATURING ROLLING THUNDERTM with Authentic Sounds and Prototypical Operation in both DC and DCC environments
- Factory Installed Engineer / Fireman Figures
- Synchronized Puffing Smoke with each Chuff
- Variable Puffing Smoke Intensity and Timing
- Locomotive Composition: ABS Body with Die Cast Chassis
- Couplers: (2) Operating Kadee or Compatible
- Compatible Tracks: Code 83 and 100 Rail
- Equipped with Traction Tires
- Minimum Operating Radius: 22 in or greater
- Weight: 3.3 lb
- Box dimensions: 21.45 in x 4.33 in. x 3.54 in.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.