Available for Special Order only
Ships as soon as product becomes available! Estimated Time: 1 - 2 Weeks
Free USA Shipping
DC Only Locomotive!
By popular demand! In commemoration of Amtrak®’s 50th Anniversary (celebrated on May 1st, 2020) Kato USA will release this version of Amtrak’s 50th Anniversary P42 locomotive in HO Scale!
- Perfectly suited to pull Kato's new production of Phase IVb Superliners.
- Directional headlights and tail lights on both the front and rear of the locomotive, allowing it to operate as both a standard pulling locomotive with double heading capability or a push-pull engine, whether oriented facing forward or back.
- Illuminated pre-printed numberboards
- Capable of navigating minimum 370mm (14 3/5") radius curves (R1 radius in Europe), allowing the P42 to go where previous Kato locomotives have never been able to go before - dining room tables, coffee tables, spaces previously reserved exclusively for N scale!
- Brand new coreless truck-motor drive paired with a super-heavy solid metal body mechanism; doubling the number of motors while increasing the traction potential and weight for new standard of running smoothness and pulling power.
|Engine Style||P40 - P42 Genesis|