The WOW501 is a universal, 5 Amp sound decoder for large-scale locomotives. The WOW501 includes Keep Alive® on-board for stutter-free operation. Function 5 and 6 may be programmed to control a smoke unit with a coil and fan. By programming CV58 with a value of 9, the smoke unit will react to the chuff timing.
- CD-Quality Sound: TCS’ world-renowned CD-quality sound. 16 Bits of resolution at 44.1kHz sample rate.
- Keep-Alive®: Included on-board for smooth, stutter-free operation.
- Back EMF Load Compensation: Provides superior slow speed control and high performance under load.
- Quiet Drive: Super-quiet motor control for “buzz” free motor performance.
- DC Mode: Decoder will automatically detect DC power. You can also configure how your lighting effects function on DC.
- Variable Momentum: Allows you to make custom acceleration and deceleration curves.
- Incandescent Bulb Support: This decoder can be used with 12 Volt bulbs.
- Function Remapping: Buttons 0 through 12 may be used to control the lighting functions of this decoder.
- Programmable Lighting Effects: Choose from 20 separate user-programmable lighting effects!
- Dimmable Brightness: Configure multiple different brightness levels for your LED’s or incandescent bulbs.
- Decoder Lock: Feature which prevents accidental/unwanted programming while activated.
- Airwire™ Compatible: Fully compatible with Airwire™ operation.
- CAM: Use a positive voltage trigger to synchronize your chuff rate to your drivers’ rotation.
- Audio Assist®: TCS exclusive auditory feedback programming system. Program your decoder without the need to memorize CV’s!
- User-Loadable Speed Tables: Configure custom speed curves and set speed limits.
- Throttle Modes: Choose from multiple throttle modes to meet your operating needs.
- True Scale Sound: A unique WOWSound feature which uses TCS’ exclusive auto-adjusting BEMF technology to automatically change the intensity of the chuff. Prototype Mode also offers dynamic sound volumes which accurately model the real-life equivalent. Also includes pre-programmed acceleration and deceleration values.
Interface Type: Hard-Wire
Dimensions (L x W x H): 3.004″ x 1.413″ x 0.551″ or 76.3mm x 35.9mm x 14mm
Scale: O Scale G Scale S Scale
Continuous/Peak: 5/10 Amp
Total Functions: 8
Function Rating: 1A
12V Outputs: 8