This product is versatile in terms of direction of the placement of the board and mounting in various configurations. It can easily replace a QSI board, a Dual Mode decoder board or be mounted directly on the electric motor or frame with Kapton tape. (It is recommended that a piece of Kapton tape be placed on the bottom of the mother board to assure electrical isolation from the electric motor or frame.)
- This mother board does not include a 21 Pin Decoder.
- This mother board and connector board require soldering.
- These printed circuit boards are NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN A DC SYSTEM.
- The on board resistors are sized for some 12 volt LEDs.
- 1x Mother Board
- 1x Connector Board
Dimensions: 0.67" x 2.20" x 0.35" (17 mm x 56 mm x 0.9 mm)
The mother board includes;
- One 21 Pin Decoder receptacle
- Two pairs of track input pads
- One pair of motor input pads
- One pair of stay alive pads (U+ and GND)
- Two pairs of speaker pads wired in parallel
- Resistors for use with LED lighting. (Also available with 0 ohm, 750 ohm and custom specified resistors for function outputs. this accommodates incandescent lamps or bulbs.)
The connector board contains pads for eight pairs of lighting function connections. U+ or the blue wire has eight connected pads for the common power source. The negative (-) discrete function pads are all labeled to indicate their connection to the functions available in the decoder.
The lighting connector was designed so that the shell of the diesel locomotive can be easily separated from the frame without un-soldering wires. This does require that the headlight and rear lights be mounted in the shell of the locomotive and that the diesel has a removable dynamic brake shell.
Incandescent lamps or bulbs are not well suited for the Decoder Buddys or associated decoders. It can be done but it will require more electronics to achieve a result. Our recommendation is to go with LEDs.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.