The #148 Whisker® Metal Coupler will work anywhere a NO.5® Coupler will work.
This industry leading coupler features an all metal coupler head, shank, and Whisker® centering spring and comes complete with insulated draft gearbox and lid. The #148 Magne-Matic® Whisker® Metal Coupler may be mounted with the included #242 Snap-Together Gearbox or with other manufacturers cast-on coupler pockets.
It is not recommended to use a metal coupler directly on a metal surface or in a metal draft gearbox to avoid possible electrical crossover and shorting that may cause damage. Use the provided insulated gearbox or insulated #28 coupler.
- (2) Pair Assembled #148 Whisker® Metal Couplers in #242 Gearboxes
- (2) Extra #622 Knuckle Springs
|Shank Length||- Medium (9/32") (center hole to back of coupler head)|
|Coupler Offset||- Centerset|
|Knuckle Spring||- #622|
|Centering System||- Whisker®|
|Head||- Standard Head|
|Material||- Insulated Plastic|
|Lid Type||- Snap-Together|
|Dimensions||- 7/16"L x 5/16"W x 1/8"H|
|Mounting Height||- 29/64"|
|Trip Pin Height||- 1/32"|
|Center Hole||- 2-56 Insulated Screws are the most commonly used. (Screw length will vary)|
- #206 Insulated Muti-Purpose Coupler Height Gauge
- #231 Greas-em Dry Graphite Lubricant
- #237 Coupler Trip Pin Pliers
- #240 Double Headed Pin Vise
- #241 Dual Tool Manual Uncoupling Tool and Spring Pick
- #246 Tap (2-56) and Drills (#50 and #43)